Hole #1 par 5
This long par 5 plays shorter than it reads, as it's all downhill after a good tee shot. But get greedy and you're looking at a deep fairway bunker and a greenside pond to make you pay.
- Shorter than actual yardage
- A good drive to the flat-topped fairway allows a long-hitting player to go for the green in two.
- The fairway bunker is big and deep - avoid it at all costs.
- Going for the green in two brings the pond into play - laying up short and right is a smart move.
- The two-tiered green slopes back to front, so make sure your approach shot leaves you an uphill putt to the pin.